Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just in Case

LOL weird that that was the title of the eulogy sermon that Pastor Lancaster delivered at the funeral of the late, great, Carrie Ophelia Boykin--- my queen, my everything... -- But just in case you don't know how Good my God is.. I'm gonna take a second just to inform you!! LOL... God is so faithful, he is so not like man... God watches over us each and every day and he ensures that all of our needs are met. God has truly brought me from some very low places and has now sat me upon the mountain top... He is truly amazing. Every day that i wake up with breath in my body, I am so thankful and grateful because I know that it is God that now only allows me to arise each day, but he also allows me to spend each day of my life doing what I love to do. (Empowering others to prosper)  I wake up each day with purpose and in order to fulfill my God ordained purpose to touch the lives of others and I am also fortunate enough to enjoy every second of my life in the mean time.

I've been in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Troy University since January of 2009. Since enrolling I've experienced many hardships and setbacks. My graduation date has moved more times than I can count or care to remember, I lost my job of 3 years with a company that I helped stay afloat with not so much as an explanation or a sorry, I was unemployed for a year and a half (by choice) following being "laid off" and all of this happened after I stepped out on faith and began rebuilding my very existence and lively hood..... BUT GOD.. supplied each and everyone of my needs. I received my weekly unemployment stipend which was surprisingly sufficient, got to do some traveling, communisty service projects, found love....  but I often wondered how would I sustain myself financially once my unemployment ran out and I had to commit to an unpaid internship in order to complete my degree. In December of 2010, I began to panic beause I was no longer in control of my life-- I began looking for employment and trying to figure out how I would stay afloat-- and then I did an online search at INDEED.com and came across an instructor position for a company that seemed to good to be true. Within a week I had interviewed, got the job, passed the drug screen, and began working. After my 8 weeks of temp employment I was promoted to an Interim Case Manager and 8 months later, I moved from Temporary to Regular employment.

While I'm currently working 60+ hours most weeks between my internship and my full-time job, God's peace is keeping me sane, and he continues to provide me with double for my trouble.. So just in case you are going through a situation and you feel like God isn't there. You may be struggling trying to figure out where your next paycheck is coming from or your next meal period. Please know that God is faithful and the prayers of the righteous will avail. Keep trusting, and keep believing in the Power of his Word. God is not a respector of persons and that which God is doing for me, He will do for you. But always remember that To Whom much is Given, Much is require. Spread the God new and know that God hath need of thee.  One reason that you'll never hear me argue with a RELIGIOUS fool regarding their opinion of my life or what they consider to be a "lifestyle"  is because the FAVOR of God that is on my life can not be argued with. It's like my big sis used to say-- Take it up with God!! --- But I'm telling you-- Take it to God!! He will do exceedingly and abundantly above all you could ever ask or think accordign to the power that works in us.  -- Seek the Kingdom of Heaven and His righetousness and everything else will be added..... Just in Case you didn't know..

Treesie Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment