Forgiveness is a bit of a difficult area for me... not because I'm a mean insensitive *****... but because it's something that simply takes time... Today in Theological Reflections we discussed the power of forgiveness and I began to examine how I forgive or rather fail to forgive others. I shared with the group about how forgiving my parents is something that I have to actively work towards on a daily basis.
I also have a difficult time forgiving those that hurt me to the core.-- As I get older I'm learning to let things go.... but after I let it go I still don't want anything to do with someone that intentionally sought to hurt me.. I guess it goes back to that age old saying-- Fool me Once, Shame on You, Fool me Twice, Shame on Me.... I think that's why getting over my last relationship was so difficulty because I was fooled twice and I should have never looked back. According to my role models on Sex in the City, It takes half the time of the relationship to get over a person or get to the point of forgiveness. That was a long process for me; however, once I truly let go I was able live my life again and enjoy every moment of being me. So I guess forgiveness is a good thing....
Recently I began interacting with my first girlfriend more often that I'd ever been able to do since we broke up in 2004. I told her after we broke up that I hoped that one day we would be able to be friends and although it took 7 years in order to reach this point, the act of reaching this point gives me hope in all failed relationships/friendships etc.. With healing and forgiveness anything is possible. I'm focusing on this relationship because I'm friends or at least civil with all of my exes with the exception of one. One that I'm not even sure I would ever want to be cordial with. But after forgivness healing and wellness can occur... At least that's my opinion. If we forgive others, God will Forgive us....
Treesie Z.
No comments:
Post a Comment